October Board Meeting
Held: Thursday 25th October 2018
Standard Frequency: 4th Thursday of Month
Location: Virtual Meeting
President: Tarran Deane
The key items were:
- Board Vacancies: Succession Planning is on our minds as we head towards 2019 March AGM and we are currently seeking expressions of interest from CSPs and Professional Members. Please direct your enquiry to Russell Pearson, National vice-President via Margaret email@example.com and she will forward to Russell.
- Financial Position: We are able to pay debts as they fall due and are in a strong financial position. The introduction of the BOOST! Coaching Program has been a pivotal member benefit for 12 new participants and provides a strategic economic return for PSA.Our new Treasurer Chinmay Ananda has been working closely with our Head Office team and executive office bearers to understand the many programs offered by PSA. His focus this Board Meeting has been on Chapter Event P&L YTD ending September 2018, and future projections as Chapter Presidents research the venue and catering proposals for 2019,
“All affiliates and provisional members reverting to ‘non-member’ status from January 1st, 2019 along with Visitors and Guests, continue to be welcome to register for the Chapter events and Annual Convention, and glean from the extraordinary value and expert knowledge shared at these events!” ~ PSA Board 2018
- #PSAConvention19: Key Milestones
– Standard Early Bird Registrations close 2018.11.30
– MC for Convention is confirmed as Marty Wilson CSP
– Keynote and Plenary Speaker Lineup is confirmed
– Breakout Speakers being confirmed
– Headline Sponsor | confirmation has been received. Additional Sponsorships available.
– Website is live: www.psaconvention.com.au
- Platform Professionals ™ Convention Stream – Initial discussions held with a key contributor
*Note: Pre (FRIDAY) & Post (MONDAY) Convention Workshops require additional registration. There are two streams on the Friday:1. General Delegates 2. Platform Professionals ™ eligible delegates, which is held as a concurrent session on Fridays -BOOK YOUR ACCOMMODATION Through Your Convention Code : PSA has agreed to a number of room nights as part of the #PSAConvention19 package. This ensures direct service and support via own Conference and Event Manager at Peppers Salt Resort.- Contact the PSA office for your unique booking code, once you have completed your convention registration formRegister: Visit our website for more details and to register
Sponsorship Packs: are currently being finalised by our Sponsorship Coordinator Brett Dashwood with some exciting opportunities emerging that capture our “You are the MESSAGE!” theme
Meeting Notes Aligning with Our Core 8 Competencies as They Apply to the Business of PSA
- Professional Awareness –
Service Succession Planning at State Chapter Presidents have been confirmed by the Board as new and/or continuing. These will be announced int eh President Newsletter of November 14, 2018.
EOIs is invited for participation in your state Chapter Leadership Team. Please speak to your current Chapter President on how you can contribute.
- Professional Relationships –
GSF: It was noted that GSF member country “NSA” was doing an outreach campaign to encourage dual membership of their association in order for other country members to access association benefits, such as ZOOM Video Conferencing. PSA Confirm we are in separate negotiation with ZOOM at this time and have just received a proposal in writing that will be considered on it’s member benefit and economic sustainability for PSA.
Strategic Partnerships: PSA Board have endorsed TWO additional Strategic Partnerships which will be announced in coming weeks, once details and Agreements have been executed.
Media Appearances: nil during October 2018
- Topic Development –
Chapter Event Program: The Board endorsed the release of the new “Chapter Operations Manual – National Standard ©” This is a brilliant achievement and now places a valuable resource into the hands of our Chapter Presidents for the next 3 years. I would like to thank Todd Hutchison for the core project document that I have now customised after much consultation and review.If you would like to see the “Chapter Operations Manual – National Standard ©” PDF, please liaise with your Chapter President on their return from the planned November 15th Board Meeting in Sydney, where they will receive a printed copy for their reference into 2019. Note. this is a ‘living document’ and is impacted by version control. No other print copies are allowed in order to maintain version control integrity.Financial Results for September were reviewed in October with thanks to Chinmay. Each Chapter President has been contacted and discussions held regarding strategies to ensure strong financial performance, member value and reduced operating expenses such as venue specific hiring costs and minimum catering numbersChapter Event Pricing: the focus is on achieving consistent event pricing around the country in line with our members joining the whole organisation vs. one chapter.
- Platform Mechanics – continuing towards focus of CSP and Professional Member level Chapter contributors
- Presenting & Performing – ongoing Getting to Professional Member (PM) Webinars – thank you Warwick Merry for your ongoing commitment to our PSA Provisional Members and Affiliates as we track towards the year-end and the consolidation of the change from our 4 tier to our 2 tiered membership
- Authorship & Development – ongoing
We have received confirmation of the successful trademark application for Platform Professionals™. Once it is through the final stages of approval, you will see:
– Platform Professionals ™ change to
– Platform Professionals ®
Until such time as further advised, if you are referencing this program please refer to it in its entirety by including the TM after the words: Platform Professionals ™
We continue the process of other trademark applications with our PSA Strategic Partner, POD Legal.
- Sales & Marketing – PSA Market Penetration |
Many Faces of PSA campaign ambassadors were confirmed by the Board and will be notified during over the next 2 weeks by Margaret, at Head Office. Tony Eades on behalf of the PSABoard is overseeing this projectStandard Early Bird #PSAConvention19 Promotion ramps up during November 2018
- Managing the Business
ASIC and ABR updates to occur by November 14, 2018
We’re tracking well and continue to liaise closely with our fabulous office team, Tuesday – Thursday 9am-3pm.
- CSP Emeritus – process paperwork will be up in November; delayed due to workload.
- continuing Chapter President communications and updates and the standing ZOOM Video Calls being held with the National President
Focus: November | Company Treasurer – 2018 financial review and preparation of 2019 budgets ahead of the PSA Board Meeting, wth Chapter Presidents Thursday 15 November and March 23rd, 2019 AGM
As always, we welcome any ideas, thoughts or feedback you may have about our association and what we can do to support you better. If you’d like to lodge a Board Discussion Paper for our Agenda, please obtain the template from Margaret and lodge with her at Head Office, no later than the 3rd Wednesday of the month, to enable circulation with our Board Pack to Directors which goes out shortly after that.
Thanks for being part of the Professional Speakers Australia community!
2018 PSA National President & Chairman of the Board
As a reminder, your 2018 PSA Board are comprised of:
Tarran Deane – National President | Chair | Director
Russell Pearson – Vice President | Director
Chinmay Ananda – Treasurer Appointed September 2018
Tony Eades – also serving in Interim Executive Role
Michelle Bowden CSP