As part of our continuing communication program, we will be issuing you with Board Meetings notes following the monthly Board Meeting.
As a reminder, your 2017 PSA Board comprises:
- Warwick Merry CSP – President, Director & Chair
- Tarran Deane – Vice President & Director –
- Brian Waring – Treasurer | Acting Secretary
- Donna Hanson CSP
- Tony Eades
- Russell Pearson
- John Driscoll CSP
April Board Meeting
- John Driscoll has completed his due diligence and has joined the board as a director. John has studied with the Australian Institute of Company Directors and brings a range of valuable skills to the board. He is already strongly contributing to the board and we are grateful for that.
- One of the key questions we ask our treasurer Brian each month is regarding the financial position of the association and whether we are a viable, ongoing organization able to pay debts as they fall due. You will be happy to know that this is indeed the case.
- The You’ve Been Spotted campaign is a great way for us to reach out and connect with senior speakers who may no know about PSA. When we first rolled this campaign out we had some teething issues in not qualifying the target speaker we were after. Louise Karch originally brought this campaign to us and is helping us fine-tune it to continue to spread the awareness of PSA and attract senior speakers.
- PSA has always been about growing a thriving speaking business and not about how to speak. Don’t get me wrong, we have run some events around the art of speaking, but we are operating on the basis that if you come to PSA you are already a competent speaker and we are all about becoming an expert speaker and having a business to match.We are aware that many of our members run services, institutes or organisations to help people become speakers. Rather than re-invent the wheel, we are looking for ways to work with existing organisations to provide speaker training that meet our requirements. We are currently preparing a framework to certify these programs. Once this has been done we will be in a position to certify programs in the marketplace.
This covers the key points coming from our board meeting. As always, we welcome any ideas, thoughts or feedback you may have about our association and what we can do to support you better.
Thanks for being part of the Professional Speakers Australia community!
2017 PSA President